“Today’s guest is Daniel Cortez – an elite strength, conditioning, mobility, and health coach who is on a mission to empower his clients to express their optimal humanity and be the hero of their own journey.
From the creators of the groundbreaking Sports, Energy and Consciousness Festival™ comes OMNI Athlete™, a new weekly interview show that explores the perspectives of the world’s highest achieving mind, body and spirit competitors to learn their secrets for accessing peak performance. Hosted by Josh Crist, OMNI Athlete is designed to give athletes the techniques and knowledge they need to access their peak performance state. Subscribe for new episodes every Tuesday.
- “Think of yourself as a human first, and an athlete with specific needs than the rest of the population after that.”
- “You have to purposefully look at people who are thinking in this very 10,000 foot view about how to cultivate a lifestyle that includes your activity… it is not just based on your activity.”
- “Healthy human beings have always been generalists.”
- “We’re stacking up behavior that we don’t have good biological adaptation for.”
- “Think of yourself as the thing that changes.”
- “Not everyone is a good candidate to do serious psychedelic work.”
What You Will Learn from This Episode
- Why many athletes don’t actually move as much as they think they do
- What peak performance and integral thinking have in common
- How specialization can limit your capacity to connect with being human
- The barriers to mapping your lifestyle in a way that accelerates your performance
- Why your ideal lifestyle is in direct conflict with normal society
- How your genes are adapted to an environment that no longer exists
- Why awareness of psychedelics is growing in western culture
Or listen to the podcast here.